Herzog & de Meuron Basel Ltd.
4056 Basel, Switzerland
Data Protection Statement for herzogdemeuron.com
Herzog & de Meuron takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and handles it in line with the Swiss Data Protection Act (Bundesgesetz über den Datenschutz DSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (Datenschutzgrundverordnung DSGVO) of the European Union.
Collecting and storage of personal data on our Website
When you access the Website for informational purpose only, that is when you do not click on social media plug-ins or otherwise provide us with specific information (such as email us), we do not collect any personal data, except for the automatically collected information by the server. The following information are collected automatically and temporarily saved in server log files, which are transmitted by your browser unless you have deactivated such function:
- the IP address of the computer transmitting the request
- the client’s file request
- the http response code
- the volume of data transmitted
- the website from which you access our website (referrer URL)
- the date and time of the server request
- the type, version and language of your browser
- the operating system on the computer transmitting the request
Our server log files are not evaluated based on personal use. We cannot allocate this data to specific persons at any time. Also, we do not merge this data with data from other sources.
Collection and Processing of Data Provided Voluntarily
If you provide us with your personal data by e-mail, telephone, by letter or other means of communication on a voluntary basis, we collect this data exchange between you and us, including your contact details and the metadata of the communication. We use this data to process your inquiry or our contractual relationship with you. The data submitted will generally be stored 12 months from the last exchange between us. This period may be longer where required for evidentiary purposes, to comply with legal or contractual requirements, or for technical reasons. E-mails in personal mailboxes and written correspondence are generally kept for at least 10 years.
Transmission to Third Parties
We will not transmit any personal data provided to us to any third parties outside the Herzog & de Meuron group. A list of our group companies can be found here. Personal data will only be transmitted to third parties:
- if you have given prior consent
- to sub-contractors who need to receive and use such data for the purpose of fulfilling specific orders if required by us to process your inquiries, orders and use of our services
- to service providers bound by instructions, if required to process your order data in accordance with the law
- to parties entitled to obtain such data, if required to comply with statutory obligations
If we disclose personal data to other parties, not all are located in Switzerland. Your data may therefore be processed in any country in the world. If a recipient is located in a country without adequate statutory data protection, we require the recipient to comply with data protection (for this purpose, we use the revised European Commission’s standard contractual clauses) unless the recipient is subject to a legally accepted set of rules to ensure data protection and unless we cannot rely on an exception.
Description: Remembers the permission settings for loading embedded maps from MapBox
Expires: After one year
We take appropriate security measures in order to maintain the required security of your personal data and ensure its confidentiality, integrity and availability, and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and to mitigate the risk of loss, accidental alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
At any time, at no cost to you and without providing any reason you can request information regarding the data relating to you which is saved in our systems as well as information regarding the origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom such data has been transmitted and why such data has been saved.
In addition, by law, you are entitled to have your personal data corrected, blocked or deleted. Also, you can revoke your consent to the use of your data at any time and without having to provide a reason. Should you have any reason to suspect that your data is processed in violation of the Data Protection Act or your legal rights under the Data Protection Act were violated in any other way, you may file a complaint with the Supervising Authority. In Switzerland, the Supervising Authority is the Federal Data Protection and Information Officer (FDPIC).
Representative according to Art. 27 paragraph 1 GDPR for companies of the Herzog & de Meuron group, which are not established in the Union
Herzog & de Meuron GmbH, Kurfürstenstrasse 12, DE 10785 Berlin, is designated as a representative according to Art. 27 paragraph 1 GDPR by the following companies of the Herzog & de Meuron group:
Herzog & de Meuron Basel Ltd.
Herzog & de Meuron International AG
Herzog & de Meuron Architekten AG
Herzog & de Meuron World Ltd.
Herzog & de Meuron Rheinschanze AG
The designation as a representative by the above mentioned companies is granted in case of a statutory obligation according to Art. 27 paragraph 1 GDPR for the respective company.
Contact for any request for information, inquiries, objections to the processing of your data, etc.
Please address any requests for information, inquiries, objections to the processing of your data, and any questions you may have to the following address:
Addendum to the general Data Protection Statement for herzogdemeuron.com regarding the Job Application
The purpose of this Addendum to our general Data Protection Statement is to inform you about what happens to your personal data that you submit to us using the Jobs Application Form.
1. The data you have submitted using the Jobs Application Form will be sent securely to our servers and then via e-mail to our HR department. The data will be saved in our application database together with your CV, portfolio and cover letter. The application database is managed by Herzog & de Meuron Basel Ltd. The data will not be stored on the servers that are running the website.
2. Your personal data, such as your name, address, educational information, etc. will be used by Herzog & de Meuron’s Human Resources Team and Management to evaluate your application. In order to find a suitable position, your data might be passed on to other departments and companies within the Herzog & de Meuron group. This includes all worldwide offices of Herzog & de Meuron. Whilst Herzog & de Meuron shall undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure secure processing and confidential treatment of your data at all times, you are explicitly advised that such offices may be located in jurisdictions without adequate legislative level of data protection (such as the United States of America). The data will also be accessible to the Herzog & de Meuron System Administrator. If you send a hard copy portfolio in addition to your online application, your documents will be stored electronically, linked to your profile and processed together. Hard copy documents will be stored electronically and returned to you, if this should not be possible for whatever reason, the documents will be destroyed.
3. Your personal data will be stored and processed for application purposes only and will be saved for half a year. After half a year, your application data such as cover letter, CV and portfolio will be deleted without further notice if no suitable position has been found.
4. In case you wish to keep your application data and documents with Herzog & de Meuron after half a year, please contact Herzog & de Meuron Human Resources.
5. For enquiries, updates, corrections or requests for deletion of your application data and documents please inform the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following address:
Herzog & de Meuron
4056 Basel, Switzerland
Information about your data stored in our database will only be provided upon sufficient proof of your identity.
6. By submitting your personal data to Herzog & de Meuron, you confirm that the information you provide is up-to-date and correct and that you have the right to disclose such information to Herzog & de Meuron to be used in connection with its recruitment related activities. Please note that Herzog & de Meuron does not verify the correctness of the candidates’ personal data submitted via the Website.
7. To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Herzog & de Meuron has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security.
Last update: Basel, January 2023