Company E is situated above the entrance hall in the middle of the Armory head house with a small anteroom in the prominent tower. It was originally decorated in the Renaissance Revival style by the New York design firm of Pottier & Stymus in 1880.
As in Company D, the woodwork is the main feature that sets the overall atmosphere: the window and door surrounds with double doors and entrance to the tower room were crafted out of oak. The same wood was used for the neutral double lockers lining the walls all at a constant height, the carved trophy, and the piano niche. Above the fireplace was a large overmantel mirror. The ceiling strapwork was surrounded by a wood cornice. The fields between the woodwork and the walls were painted with stenciled patterns. Lighting was provided by a large gas chandelier and four gas light fixtures mounted on the lockers. The pattern of the oak parquet flooring was generously dimensioned.