Content Producer, video (80-100%)
Herzog & de Meuron is an international architecture firm with its head office in Basel and subsidiaries in Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, UK, and USA.
For our Basel office, we are seeking for a creative content producer with a focus on video (80-100%).
Your tasks will include:
– Working closely with the team at Herzog & de Meuron that manages and shapes the public image of the office with a strong emphasis on taking a critical position on the contributions the office makes to architecture and the thought that goes along with it.
– Developing a creative vision as part of a larger editorial board, focusing on the potentials of the moving image.
– Creating and developing multimedia (audio/video) content for diverse editorial contexts, from research and experimental formats to internal office communications and public campaigns, working with material both from archives and active projects.
– Moving with agility between the fast flow of digital information, and the slower pace that specific editorial projects require.
– Producing works well-suited for viewing on a computer, tablet, smartphone as well as larger installations, exhibitions and staged presentations.
– Recording and editing video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/ importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
– Overall coordination and management of AV projects.
– Working independently and collectively, to establish strong connections with project teams and the specific architectural narratives.
– Architectural, Art or Film studies
– Experience in related design fields and cultural sectors (publication, exhibition, graphics, art, film, and communications)
– Expertise in operating a camera and using editing software such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
– Written and verbal communication skills.
– Exceptional attention to detail, and an acute eye for architecture and spatial related matters
– Outstanding editorial skills.
– Fluent in English or German; any additional language is an advantage
Your application should include a cover letter, a complete resume, a portfolio, diplomas and job references in a PDF format not to exceed 10 MB. You can send your documents either by using our online application form below or by posting it to us referring to the reference number P20-14.