Communications Manager (100%)
Herzog & de Meuron is an international architectural practice based in Basel with studios in Berlin, Munich, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, New York and San Francisco. Our team of over 500 collaborators develops projects of all scales across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
For our Basel office, we are looking for a Communications Manager with immediate availability.
As part of Herzog & de Meuron’s Communications team, you will report directly to the lead of Project Communications and will be the interface between architectural project teams led by the Partner-in-Charge, clients, PR agencies, and media professionals. You will work closely in our team with both internal and external colleagues.
Your Key Tasks:
– Support of strategic communication for challenging architectural projects.
– Plan communications activities on a short- and long-term basis, implementing them in coordination with our overall strategy.
– Digest and assemble architectural content produced by the architectural teams (texts, wordings, visuals).
– Coordination of media relations and external communication.
– Editorial processing of international publication requests.
– Development and management of internal organization including documentation and roadmaps; Support of internal communication.
– University or technical college degree in media studies, journalism, or architecture, or the arts in combination with a strong affinity for architecture and design.
– At least two years of experience in the field of communications in an international environment. Keen understanding of local media landscape a plus.
– Native speaker or outstanding knowledge and fluency of German and English is required, with excellent language and writing skills in both. Stylistically confident and adept at speaking and presenting.
– An international, creative, and challenging work environment.
– The opportunity to work on high-profile projects around the globe.
– An outward-facing position working in collaboration with world-class clients and institutions.
We look forward to getting to know you. Your application should include a cover letter, a complete resume, portfolio, diplomas, and certificates in a PDF format not to exceed 10MB. You can send your documents by using our online application form on our website referring to the reference number B22-9.