Amendment to the general Data Protection Statement for herzogdemeuron.com regarding the Job Application
Herzog & de Meuron takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and handles it in line with the Swiss Data Protection Act (Bundesgesetz über den Datenschutz DSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (Datenschutzgrundverordnung DSGVO) of the European Union.
The purpose of this Amendment to our general Data Protection Statement is to inform you about what happens to your personal data that you submit to us using the Jobs Application Form.
1. The data you have submitted using the Jobs Application Form will be sent to us via HTTP and by e-mail containing your application and the attached files. The data will be saved in our application database together with your CV, portfolio and cover letter. The application database is managed by Herzog & de Meuron Basel Ltd.
2. Your personal data, such as your name, address, educational information, etc. will be used by Herzog & de Meurons’ Human Resources Team and Management to evaluate your application. In order to find a suitable position, your data might be passed on to other departments and companies within Herzog & de Meuron. This includes all worldwide offices of Herzog & de Meuron. Whilst Herzog & de Meuron shall undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure secure processing and confidential treatment of your data at all times, you are explicitly advised that such offices may be located in jurisdictions without adequate legislative level of data protection. The data will also be accessible to the Herzog & de Meuron System Administrator. If you send a hard copy portfolio in addition to your online application, your documents will be stored electronically, linked to your profile and processed together. We specifically advise you that hard copy documents are destroyed after they are stored electronically, unless you expressly advise us that they should be returned to you.
3. Your personal data will be stored and processed for application purposes only and will be saved for one year. After one year, your application data cover letter, CV and portfolio will be deleted without further notice if no suitable position has been found. Your identification data will be stored by Herzog & de Meuron for an indeterminate period of time, unless you advise us to delete such data.
4. In case you wish to keep your application data and documents with Herzog & de Meuron after the one year period, please contact Herzog & de Meuron Human Resources.
5. For enquiries, updates, corrections or requests for deletion of your application data and documents please inform also the Human Resources Department at jobs@herzogdemeuron. or in writing to the following address: com
Herzog & de Meuron
4056 Basel, Switzerland
Information about your data stored in our database will only be provided upon sufficient proof of your identity.
6. By submitting your personal data to Herzog & de Meuron, you confirm that the information you provide is up-to-date and correct and that you have the right to disclose such information to Herzog & de Meuron to be used in connection with its recruitment related activities. Please note that Herzog & de Meuron does not verify the correctness of the candidates' personal data submitted via the Website.
7. To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Herzog & de Meuron has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security.
Basel, May 25, 2018